Custom printed Fabric Backdrops
have a variety of uses and are becoming more popular over vinyl because of their vitality compared to vinyl. They can be manufactured into virtually any size. From small flags to massive backdrops for concerts.
At Oh my Print Solutions we specialize in all sorts of fabric backdrop printing.
We hope this blog will help you choose what fabric is best for you.
We typically choose what’s best for our clients after finding out their expectations on quality, durability, lifespan and budget.
There are several reasons to use a fabric backdrop…….
* For a Step and Repeat Logo Wall
* For a Press Conference Backdrop
* For Tradeshows and Exhibitions
* For massive backdrops for large stages and events
* Portable Event Solutions. They fold and are easy to travel with.
* We can custom our backdrops to fit on frames such as Tension Fabric Displays with zippers, Pop up Displays with velcro and
Jumbo backdrop Stands with hemmed pole pockets
250 GSM FABRIC BACKDROPS
GSM stands for Grams per Square Meter. It is our most popular fabric backdrop and used for most of our high end tradeshow displays. 250 GSM is the industry standard for the best quality.
* Opaque. It tends to absorb a camera flash rather than reflecting it. You will not see through it unless there is too much backlighting.
* Heavy duty and long lasting. Easy to spot clean with a spray bottle and a little bit of soap.
* Can be used with our stands such as the Tension Fabric Display, Pop up Display and Jumbo Backdrop Stand.
* Printed up to 8 feet seamless. if you require seams they are not very visible and are unlikely to affect your artwork.
* The price is a bit higher which makes it less available for low budget events.
* Harder to print very fine text, of less than half inch and still be readable
300 D Fabric Backdrops
The D in 300D stands for Denier, which is another measurement used in fabric weight.
* More economical
* Good for temporary use
* Prints beautifully
* Durable and also good for long term use
* We also use 300D Fabric for our tablecloths, however these are fire-proof coated
* We use this fabric for our premium quality flags
* Thinner and therefore less opaque
* Prints only up to 5 feet wide, most backdrops need a seam
* The seam is more noticeable than 250 GSM
* Often no choice but to put seam through the middle
How to finish your Custom Printed Fabric Backdrops
At no extra charge we can add grommets or pole pockets or both. Grommets are metal rings inserted around the perimeter of the banner. You can use hooks or zap straps to add to your existing frame.
Pole Pockets are hemmed on the top and/or bottom. This tends to be a cleaner look as it hides the frame and stretches the banner. Often even if not needed a pole pocket can be added to the bottom of the banner so you can add a rod to act as a weight to stretch everything out for a wrinkle free look.
We have plenty of fabrics to choose from!
We typically offer 250 GSM and 300D as a premium and economy versions. We do have plenty of other fabrics which can be found on our full product list. We have lightweight and beautiful fabrics starting at just 85 GSM which is as thin as those Japanese Flags you would see in front of a sushi shop. Another popular item is our printing on Satin which turns out really beautiful. In fact we use a Matte Satin for our Luxury Banner Stands for amazing results.